CMAS Testing Information/Schedule
Dear Parents,All 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students will be taking the CMAS (Colorado Measure of Academic Success) English Language Arts (ELA) and Math state assessments.
In addition, 5th grade students will take the science test.
We are excited that our testing window is shorter this year. Students will test from April 8th – April 18th.
Testing Schedule: In general, 3rd and 4th grade students will test each morning starting at 9:15 to about 10:30, 5th grade students will start testing at 11:15 to about 12:30 each day.
These tests will be an opportunity for students to demonstrate their ability to meet the Colorado State Model Content Standards. Doing well on these tests is important for students and for the school. You can help your child by making sure they are at school for testing and by taking the time to do a few important things at home:
Please be sure your child is to school on time.
Please do not schedule appointments or vacations during the testing window.
- Talk to your child about the tests. Children should know that it will test their skills in reading, writing, and math, and 4th grade also their social studies skills, and for 5th graders, their science skills.
- Encourage your child to do his or her best, but not worry about the test. Confident kids do better on tests.
- Remind your child to carefully follow directions, take time to select the most correct answer, and check over their work. Good work habits will enhance student performance.
- Make sure your child gets a good night’s sleep on the days before testing. Kids do better if they are rested.
- Be sure your child has a good, nourishing breakfast and has plans for a healthy lunch. Test taking is hard work and requires lots of energy.
Ask your child about the testing at the end of each day. Your interest and support are important.
Thank you for your support during testing time, it is much appreciated.
Betsy Ball, Principal Mead Elementary School 970-535-4488